Buying your first home is a considerable financial step forward and can feel daunting. Our aim is to explain the process clearly and simply so that there is no confusion or added stress to securing your first mortgage.
- We will discuss your current situation and budget to work out the maximum you can borrow .
- We will take you through all the available options and explain all the different types of mortgages.
- We will explain the affordable housing process to you if you are wishing to buy under a shared ownership scheme and advise you on all the documentation that will be required.
- We will explain all the documentation required to support your mortgage application.
- We can provide you with a mortgage in principle, so that you can look for your property on the open market with confidence.
- We will be available to speak to you throughout the whole process and liaise with the housing partners and solicitors.
- We will be available to speak to you after you have moved into your new home. You may wish to discuss further borrowing for home improvements or seek advice on protection. For those of you who purchased under an affordable housing scheme you may wish to explore your staircasing options. Alternatively you may wish to move home or buy an investment property.
- We will explain to you your remortgage/ porting options 6 months before your mortgage deal ends.